A review on Hungry Jack's promotional strategy

 Hi guys, and welcome to my second blog post.

Today, I will discuss some promotional strategies deployed by one of Australia's favourite fast-food retailers: Hungry Jack's


And one of its most famous products is the Whooper.



In this post I will give my opinions on the following questions:

1.       How does Hungry Jack's create awareness of Whopper?

2.       How does Hungry Jack's get consumers to try Whopper?

3.       How does Hungry Jack's give information about Whopper to its customer?

4.       How does Hungry Jack's retain loyal customers?

5.       How does Hungry Jack's entice the customer to buy more frequently?

6.       What promotions does Hungry Jack's use to identify more customers?



So let's get on with it!


Creating awareness

From what I gathered, there are 2 main methods Hungry Jack's took to create brand awareness and subsequently, the awareness of the Whopper.

The first is through sponsorship deals. Hungry Jack's is a sponsor of two AFL teams: Adelaide Crows (since 2017) and West Coast Eagles (since 2022)


The second way (which is more mainstream ) is through online/TV advertisements. 


Encouraging trials

In my opinion, the main way how Hungry Jack's encourages new customers to try out Whopper is by visual appeal.





They did a great job in brushing up on the looks of the Whooper. Because it sure doesn't look that appealing IRL.


Providing product information

As a prospective customer, there are there is only one way I found more information about the Whopper, such as its nutritional information

This is through their company website.


I think that should be enough to get nutritional information. Though I don't think someone having fast food will go out of their way to look up on this.

Retaining customers

Since I am a frequent customer of Hungry Jack's, I downloaded their app to get better deals. So clearly that is how they retain my loyalty towards them.


Every year they are giving out a free Whopper for my birthday! So I'm definitely not complaining here!

They also have a loyalty deal where you can get a free coffee after you purchased a certain amount.

Enticing more purchases

To get customers to buy more from them, Hungry Jack's set up a loyalty system for their app users.


Usually, they provide promotions or discounts on meal packages to get customers to spend more. 

One of the promotions they have right now is the UNO promotion. They are trying to encourage spending by promising gifts to lucky winners. 



Will you be the lucky one? Because I sure haven't been lucky in this event for my 6 years in Australia.

Expanding customer base

To keep expanding its customer base, Hungry Jack's has been creating new items for their menus. 

I remember it was around 2019 when they launched the Rebel Whopper: a Whopper burger with a vegan-friendly patty due to the increasing awareness of climate change and concerns about meat consumption.


They also introduced a few items over the years. 



Personally, I am not too keen on trying out their new items. But I might try one of them if it did attract me!


Well, that's all for this post, thank you for reading and I hope you learned how Hungry Jack's does promotions!


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog